Domby Gallery – Painting Competition (Spring 2016) – Deadline for submissions Friday Feb 26th
Rules . . .
- This painting contest is open to any painter.
- The prize is to have a selection of the winner’s paintings exhibited in the Domby Gallery.
- At this time this art contest is only for paintings.
- Paintings must be created in physical media (no “digital paintings”)
(i.e. Oil, watercolor, pastel, acrylic, etc. Note – we have nothing against digital mediums – but we don’t want to judge them against physical paintings.)
- Registration and entry is free
- You may enter only one piece of work
- You may enter paintings that have won art contest awards in other shows
- It’s OK to enter paintings that have already been sold
- You may submit the same painting in different months.
- There is a size restriction – it must fit through the door!
- No restriction on subject matter, just keep it clean please.
- You may send via e-mail whatever image size you are comfortable sharing
(We suggest a minimum of 600 pixels on the longest side so the judge has enough resolution to discern details) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domby Gallery will select one winner each season. (four competitions per year).
- Your painting must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else’s copyrighted material (If your image infringes upon another’s copyright it will be disqualified)
- You may only submit your own artworks that you, personally painted.
(we reserve the right to demand proof that is your original artwork created solely by you….if it’s not then your entry will be disqualified….and other bad stuff will happen [ominous music here])
- Make sure that your painting is signed (front or back) This helps us with verification – see previous rule.
- You will not have to provide the painting(s) physically (for the competition), so you don’t worry about having to post them. (You should e-mail the image as mentioned previously).
- Artworks may be submitted until midnight, the last day of the month (February 2016 | June 2016 | September 2016 | December 2016).
(No artworks will be accepted past the deadline, but hey if you miss it, there’s always the next one!)
- All submissions must be made via email.
- The decision of the gallery and the judge is final.
- By entering this art competition, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork (on this website and in our newsletters etc…with credit and links to you, of course).
- You must be 18 or older, to be eligible for awards.
- By entering the competition, you agree to abide by all rules.
- Competition beginning and ending dates are listed on the home page of this website.
- Awards winners will be announced and listed on this site (http://www.domby-gallery.co.uk) on the 5th of the following month. (Sooner if we can but no promises!)
- We believe in respecting fellow artists and one another’s artworks – therefore, You may not criticise, make derogatory or otherwise inappropriate comments on any public forum about any other artist or in the Domby Gallery contest (or his/her works). Doing so will result in disqualification of your art from the competition.
- Please, No whining
- Don’t forget to have fun