Domby Gallery – Painting Competition (January 2015)
Rules . . .
Sorry to be a drag, but we can’t have anarchy, right? So we’ve got to have a few simple rules. . . .
- This painting contest is open to any painter.
You do NOT have to be a current Domby Gallery customer or supplier
- At this time this online art contest is only for paintings
(we do hope to have additional competitions for photos, sculpture and other mediums eventually,
but when that happens we will NOT be judging photos against paintings.)
- Paintings must be created in physical media (no digital “paintings”)
(i.e. Oil, watercolor, pastel, acrylic, etc. Note – we have nothing against digital mediums – but we don’t want to judge them against physical paintings.)
- Registration is Free (see website: http://www.domby-gallery.co.uk)
- The Entry Fee
- You may enter only one piece of work
- You may enter paintings that have won art contest awards in other shows
- It’s OK to enter paintings that have already been sold
- You may submit the same painting in different months.
(Exception, see next item)
- If your painting wins an award in our painting contest, it will not be eligible to win in subsequent months.
- ALL entries (not just winners) will be displayed on this website. Each entry becomes part of the public, historical online contest catalog and will not be removed at a later date.
- There is a size restriction – it must fit through the door!
- No restriction on subject matter, just keep it clean please.
- You may send whatever image size you are comfortable sharing
(We suggest a minimum of 600 pixels on the longest side so the judge has enough resolution to discern details) to: email@example.com
- Domby Gallery will select 1 winner each month.
- Your painting must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else’s copyrighted material
(If your image infringes upon another’s copyright it will be disqualified)
- You may only submit your own artworks that you, personally painted.
(we reserve the right to demand proof that is your original artwork created solely by you….if it’s not then your entry will be disqualified….and other bad stuff will happen [ominous music here])
- Make sure that your painting is signed and that the signature is visible in the image you upload
(This helps us with verification – see previous rule)
- You will not have to provide the painting physically, so you don’t worry about having to ship it.
- Artworks may be submitted until midnight, central time on the last day of the month.
(No artworks will be accepted past the deadline, but hey if you miss it, there’s always next month!)
- All submissions must be made through email submission.
- The decision of the jury and the judge is final.
- By entering this art competition, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork
(on this website and in our newsletters…with credit and links to you, of course).
- Must be 18 or older, to be eligible for awards.
- By entering the competition, you agree to abide by all rules.
- Competition beginning and ending dates are listed on the home page of this website.
- Awards winners will be announced and listed on this site (http://www.domby-gallery.co.uk) on the 20th of the following month.
(Sooner if we can but no promises!)
- If we are unable to communicate with the announced judge and obtain his/her judging results, we will appoint a substitution judge.
There will be no refunds if this happens. (As of May 2013 this has never happened during more than four years of monthly contests).
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
- We believe in respecting fellow artists and one another’s artworks – therefore, You may not criticize, make derogatory or otherwise inappropriate comments anywhere on FASO or in any other public forum about any other artist or in the Domby Gallery contest (or his/her works). Doing so will result in disqualification of your art from the contest, along with termination of your FASO account.
- Please, No whining
- Don’t forget to have fun